Save up to £165+ per year with high-efficiency double glazing. Up to 4 free no obligation quotes for double glazing.
Before you start checking double glazed window prices online or in a showroom, it’s worth taking the time to do a bit of research to work out exactly why you’re getting new windows fitted and what you need from your double glazing. You could be having new windows fitted to improve the energy efficiency of your home, or simply to replace old, shabby looking windows that are making the house look dreary.
In any case, fitting new windows will increase the value of your house and will definitely make it more attractive to potential buyers when the time comes to sell up – so it’s definitely worth taking the time to compare double glazing quotes to make sure you get the right windows to fit your needs and your budget.
And having a good idea of what you want means you’ll be better informed and more in control when talking to your salesman.
The first thing to do it take a look at other houses in your street and see what kinds of windows are fitted in homes similar to yours, so your home doesn’t look completely out of place – you’ll be surprised how big a difference fitting new windows can make to the look of your house.
It might then be worth visiting any local consumer home exhibitions or company showrooms, where you’ll be able to check out a wide range of double glazed windows and doors in one place. While you’re there, you could ask about the technological benefits of different systems, to make sure you buy the right type of window when the time comes.
It might also be worth comparing double glazed window prices online, to see if there are any further discounts to be had.
How to get the best double glazing quote
To save yourself some time, simply fill in the form below to receive a double glazing quote from up to four reputable companies in your area – there’s no obligation to buy, and no hard sell, so you can take your time to compare each of the quotes and find the best deal.
And, to make sure you’re comparing like-for-like, make sure each company gives you prices for exactly the same products and materials. Then compare the costs of what is included as standard and what is priced up separately as an optional upgrade or extra, to make sure you bag yourself the best cheap double glazing deal on offer.
What are the benefits of double glazing?
There are many benefits to fitting your home with energy efficient windows, including:
- Depending on your current windows, you could save up to £165+ per year on energy bills
- Energy-efficient glazing reduces heat loss through windows meaning you’ll feel more comfortable
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of double glazed windows insulating your home against outside noise
- Double Glazing means less condensation build-up on the inside of windows
- A smaller carbon footprint
What savings can be made by fitting energy efficient windows?
All properties lose heat through their windows. But energy-efficient glazing keeps your home warmer and quieter as well as reducing your energy bills. For exampe, replacing all single-glazed windows with B-rated double glazing could save you around £165+ per year on your energy bills.
The costs and savings for energy-efficient glazing will be different for each home and each window, depending on the size, material and installer.
How to choose double glazing
Having done your research, you’ll quickly get used to what’s on offer from a range of double glazing companies, but before you make your final decision, consider the following:
- Choose from a range of frame materials and styles, including uPVC, wooden, aluminum, steel and composite
- Professional window installers will fit the windows for you
- Double-glazed windows have two sheets of glass with a gap between them. Extra efficient windows use gases such as argon or in between the sheets of glass
- The most energy-efficient glass for double glazing is low emissivity (Low-E) glass
- For maximum efficiency ask about ‘warm edge’ spacers. These help prevent heat from leaving around the inside edges of the windows
- GET YOU FREE QUOTE
We will never pass on or sell your details to a third party. Your data is safe with us as per the Data Protection Act guidelines.